Friday 14 May 2010

Action!

From the sublime to - perhaps - the ridiculous,

At some point early in February I made the following, what was initially to be kind of an oddball Valentines Day gift for Emma, but I was never happy enough with it to hand it over, even though she - inevitably - loved it to bit, it was my first attempt at taking bits and pieces of old action figures and putting them together then sculpting additional details out of VERY fast drying putty, in this case the cardigan, pants, the hair and, well, her bosom.

I then painted the whole thing from scratch with acrylics which had mixed results, mostly because the plastic didn't seem to want to TAKE the paint until you'd put about four coats on. . .

It stands a little taller than five inches, so the first picture's larger than actual size. . .

I don't think it's a bad first attempt at something, I'm just overly critical - But I thought it would be a fun addition to the Blog. . .

That and Emm threatened to publically pants me if I didn't. . .









































































8 comments:

  1. Damn right! I may still pants you anyway! ;)

    You know my feelings about this, Mister. I love it. <3

    Even if it looked like crap the thought behind it alone! How many girls have a guy who makes them their own Action Figure!? :P

    Look at the shoes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! holy f@*k!

    if someone made an action figure out of me, they'd definitely get pantsded! (is that a correct verb form?)

    and in the GOOD way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! That's damned cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, guys. you know, andrea, i'm sure making one of you wouldn't be TOO difficult. not that you look like an action figure, but *scratches head* i could probably do it. . .

    more 3-dimensional stuff coming soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw this I was really jealous and I still am! :P

    You should do more 3D stuff, you're really good at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This. This is awesome. What else can I say? Seriously!

    ReplyDelete